“If, by publishing the information on this website, I can help just one person avoid any one of the obstacles I have encountered in my battle with CFS/ME over the years, it will be absolutely worth doing.”
Website Development Delayed
See My CFS/ME Symptoms for more details
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), is a debilitating illness that affects millions of people around the world. It affects its victims physically and mentally, leaving many housebound, unable to work or to do many of the activities they once enjoyed. Some make full, spontaneous recoveries, some are completely destroyed, most never fully recover, but a small number do discover the secret of recovery and go on to lead fulfilling lives. It is generally not well understood by most people nor the majority of doctors, prescribed treatments often make patients worse, and research into it is woefully inadequate. It is simply the worst treated medical condition in Western medicine.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Subjects I Plan to Cover
Some of the topics I plan to cover from my own experience in battling and largely overcoming this illness include:
- Where to Start Your Recovery
- Why there is no single answer to combating CFS/ME.
- Easy ways to kickstart your recovery with lymphatic drainage.
- Understanding a Maladaptive Stress Reaction.
- Why your doctor may unwittingly be your worst enemy? The twisting path to diagnosis and how to get the best help.
- It’s mitochondria not hypochondria, notes on the pioneering work of Dr Sarah Myhill.
- The power of diet and how to feel better than before you got ill.
- How I beat the “Tired but Wired” nightmare to get a good night’s sleep.
- Different types of fasting and the different ways they can fundamentally improve CFS/ME.
- Autoimmunity and CFS/ME.
- The best types of exercise to overcome chronic fatigue. Yes exercise is possible!
- My supplement protocol.
- The Energy Rebound Paradox.
- Which prescription medications may help, which may hinder, and those that nearly destroyed me.
- Trauma and CFS/ME. How some people shrug off adversity when it can kill others. And the cure for trauma and PTSD that takes less than a day to work but is illegal in most countries.
- From aching feet to mental exhaustion, everything in between, and how it’s all connected.
- When left is right, and right is wrong; dealing with the disaster that is brain fog.
- How novel research into ageing may help reverse the underlying causes of the very worst symptoms of CFS/ME.